Making a Roman aqueduct
We made a Roman aqueduct (adapted from this idea) as part of ‘Italy week’.
For this we used a wrapping paper tube, cut in half and covered in foil and some mega bloks built in such a way as to form a slope that supports the tube. We put a bowl underneath the lowest end to catch the water. My preschooler wanted to test it out multiple times! It was a great way to get him thinking about gravity, water flow and construction. I talked to him about what an aqueduct was and what it had to do, and then got him to think about how we might build one. Then, with careful guidance, we built the one above together. He thought it was brilliant!